We made sloppy joes just like last time from that recipe. I am copying it below. I halved it but replaced the brown sugar with splenda. I also added some balsamic vinaigrette but a bit too much. Also, because it was 1/2 pound of beef for 4 sloppy joes, it was not too sloppy.
The brussel sprouts were just roasted with salt and pepper.
(2014-01-08 Note, This recipe is now in My Recipe Book)
Sloppy Joes Recipe (from AllRecipies)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.