Justin & Meredith Winokur's Kitchen Cooking Notebook
Home · Sitemap · Recipe Book · Dad's Recipe Book · All Tags · Copied Recipes
Home > pages > my-recipe-book > dips > All Sub Pages
All Sub Pages: /pages/my-recipe-book/dips/
Cava Grill Style Harissa (originally from Well and Good and local)
- 15 oz can tomato paste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed red pepper
- Adjust to taste. The original recipe was 1/2 cup and was hot!
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
If possible, grind the crushed red pepper first. In a spice grinder. It is spicier when you pre-grind but not grinding them leaves a bit of a gritty texture.
Start with 1/3 cup of oil and add more as needed.
Blend in a food processor.
It can be served immediately but the flavor improves with some time in the fridge.
This is originally part of the ingredients to cilantro egg-drop soup but, more often than not, we make it as a side dip.
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) chili peppers (~7 long green chilis, or a few jalapeos) -- Adjust to taste
- 3.2 oz (90 grams, or approx 1 cup) of cilantro
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil (this is 1/2 of the original recipe)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp of ground cumin
Combine all ingredients in the food processor. Adjust seasonings and chilis to taste
This page was converted from Wordpress with a custom script by Justin Winokur. Most links and images should still work. However, if any links are broken, see the HTML (or Markdown) source to try to deduce the intended destination.
Original WP Post ID: 10126
Original WP Pub Date: 2015-07-21_201840
Originally from Love and Lemons (local)
- 1 red bell pepper (roasted at home or buy in a jar and drain)
- 1 large, or 2 small slices of ciabatta
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2-4 Tbsp cup good olive oil
Adjust all seasonings to taste
Combine all ingredients but oil in a food processor and add oil until it becomes a thick paste