Home · Sitemap · Recipe Book · Dad's Recipe Book · All Tags · Copied Recipes
Home > pages > dads-recipe-book > bread-recipes > Sourdough Waffles from King Arthur Flour
Thanks to King Arthur Flour
2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup sourdough starter, unfed
Waffle or pancake batter
all of the overnight sponge
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Tips from our bakers
Want to make pancakes? Simply cook the batter in rounds on a griddle, rather than in a waffle iron.
1) To make the overnight sponge, stir down your refrigerated starter, and remove 1 cup.
2) In a large mixing bowl, stir together the 1 cup starter, flour, sugar, and buttermilk.
3) Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight.
4) In a small bowl or mixing cup, beat together the eggs, and oil or butter. Add to the overnight sponge.
5) Add the salt and baking soda, stirring to combine. The batter will bubble.
6) Pour batter onto your preheated, greased waffle iron, and bake according to the manufacturer's instructions.
7) Serve waffles immediately, to ensure crispness. Or hold in a warm oven till ready to serve.
Yield: 1 dozen 8" waffles or about 2 dozen medium pancakes.
Serving Size: 1 waffle or 2 pan Servings Per Batch: 12 waffles or 24 pan Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190 Calories from Fat: 50 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g. Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 300mg Total Carbohydrate: 27g Dietary Fiber: 1g Sugars: 5g Protein: 6g.
Original WP Post ID: 7253
Original WP Pub Date: 2014-02-13_111734