Justin & Meredith Winokur's Kitchen Cooking Notebook
Our Recipe Book ·
Steven's Recipe Book ·
Ann's Recipe Book ·
All Tags ·
Home > pages > my-recipe-book > Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 06:40 PM
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Originally from Shutterbean (LOCAL)
This is pretty easy and really good.
~1/3 to 1/2 stick (2-2/3 to 4 Tbsp) unsalted butter
1 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves) or more
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp Kosher salt plus more for the shrimp
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 large lemon
1 to 1.5 pounds shrimp, peeled with the tails on
- Melt butter on low heat
- Add olive oil, garlic, red pepper, salt & pepper to the butter.
- Cook on low heat for one minute. Remove from heat
- Zest the lemon into the butter
- Tightly arrange shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pour butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Thinly slice lemon and place on shrimp
- Bake on 400°F for 10-13 minutes unitl just no longer pink.
- Shrimp does not get waterlogged easily. You can defrost it from frozen in moving cold water for about five minutes.
- Follow the directions on laying flat and then covering rather than mixing it all. They tend to cook better that way and you can mix it all later
- 2018-09-17: 1/3-1/2 butter. Added tip about laying flat. Changed 12-15 min to 10-13
- 2018-05-01: Original copy with 1/2 butter + oil, less shrimp, and more garlic