Justin & Meredith Winokur's Kitchen Cooking Notebook
Our Recipe Book ·
Steven's Recipe Book ·
Ann's Recipe Book ·
All Tags ·
Home > pages > my-recipe-book > Spicy Spiralized Shoe String Jicama Fries
Spicy Spiralized Shoe String Jicama Fries Friday, August 01, 2014, 09:10 PM
Spicy Spiralized Shoe String Jicama Fries (from Inspiralized) Original Post
(This includes my comments and changes. Originally copied. Now in my recipe book)
(Adjust to taste and go heavy as desired)
- 1 large jicama
- olive oil, to drizzle (about 2 tbsp)
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp onion or garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (changed from 2 tsp. See changes)
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Spiralize Jicima. If it is large, quarter it first. May have to snip it to shrink it a bit.
- Alternatively, use a mandoline to make it shoe-string (non spiral)
- Try to drain the liquid such as with a salad spinner
- Place noodles on two lined and pammed baking sheets, toss with oil.
- Mix seasonings and season evenly
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, turn over and bake another 10-15 minutes or until they reach your doneness preference.
- 2016-03-10 - Reduced the amount of cayenne (and said "1-2" for chili. Also added more comments on how to do it
This page was converted from Wordpress with a custom script by Justin Winokur. Most links and images should still work. However, if any links are broken, see the HTML (or Markdown) source to try to deduce the intended destination.
Original WP Post ID: 8067
Original WP Pub Date: 2014-08-01_211050