Justin & Meredith Winokur's Kitchen Cooking Notebook
Our Recipe Book ·
Steven's Recipe Book ·
Ann's Recipe Book ·
All Tags ·
Home > posts > 2014 > 01 > Socca with Various Home-Made toppings
Socca with Various Home-Made toppings Thursday, January 16, 2014, 08:42 AM
This was Meredith's idea and mostly her execution but I'll do my best to explain. We had socca (french chick-pea flour crepes) with all kinds of toppings inspired by a restaurant near us. I have my picture assembled. Here is everything we had. Note that everything was made by scratch:
- Socca: See recipe below when I add it. Basically 1 cup chickpea flour, 1 cup water and some olive oil. We mixed it, let it sit, and then made crepes of sorts on the non-stick pan. They were pretty cool and served the purpose nicely
- Sweet Potato and White Bean Fritters: Meredith mashed 1 sweet potato, 1/2 can of white beans, seasonings (not sure) and flour until the consistency was right. We then baked it around 350-400 for 20 minutes. Then we flipped them and turned it off while we prepped the rest. We turned it back on with about 5-10 minutes to go. These were really good!
- Pickled red onion (pickled by Meredith)
- Lightly pickled cucumber (also pickled by Meredith)
- home-made harissa: Meredith will have to elaborate but she made this with peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. It needed some salt and more garlic (and to be better blended). She wants to iterate on this a little.
- Home-made low-fat (fat free???) tzatziki
- a fried egg (I had one, Meredith did not. I liked it in there)
So, it was a pretty easy and very pretty meal. We would certainly make it again!
This page was converted from Wordpress with a custom script by Justin Winokur. Most links and images should still work. However, if any links are broken, see the HTML (or Markdown) source to try to deduce the intended destination.
Original WP Post ID: 7149
Original WP Pub Date: 2014-01-16_084242