Justin & Meredith Winokur's Kitchen Cooking Notebook

Sitemap · Our Recipe Book · Steven's Recipe Book · Ann's Recipe Book · All Tags · Copied Recipes


Home >
KitchenKatalog, page 3

<<<<     page 3     >>>>

Lasagna Soup

Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 09:15 PM

Lasagna Soup. Really good but a bit too salty this time.

Banana-Pumpkin Bread

Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 12:14 PM

Meredith made a mixed banana-pumpkin bread. She used the regular banana bread with the following notes:

She liked it but is interested to do an all pumpkin version

Roasted Gnocchi

Monday, October 08, 2018, 08:25 PM

I made roasted gnocchi with that same recipe. It really was super simple. I did it with three (as opposed to the called-for two) peppers and roasted it for about 25 minutes. We should make this more often since it is so easy!

Meatball Marsala

Thursday, October 04, 2018, 08:35 PM

I made Meatball Marsala again baking the meatballs. I actually prepped them on Sunday, baked them, and had them ready to go which made it a lot easier.

For both the meatballs and the sause, I used half and half in place of milk (for the meatballs) and cream (fro the sauce). I also did two eggs and went slightly heavy on the breadcrumbs for the meatballs since I had 1.4 oz of meat (and it was lean turkey, not chicken).

I again did it with a mix of spiralized butternut squash (1 min in the microwave) and Zucchette.


Prepped on Sunday

Lentil Veggie Bowls

Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 08:29 PM

Meredith made roasted vegetables and lentils as an easy lunch and/or backup meal. Her (slighly edited) notes:

Carrots: manav’s mom’s masala + ground ginger.
Beets: zaatar.
Cauliflower: curry powder + salt.

Roasted everything at 425° for about 40-45 min.

Delicata Squash: Same temp. Don’t remember the spices on that. Maybe just garlic powder and salt? I actually may not have spiced the squash at all.

Lentils: cooked for about 15 min with a little better than bouillon.

Served everything over a handful of power greens with a healing spoonful of eggplant hummus and a drizzle of tahini. Later served with a scoop of ricotta.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

Monday, October 01, 2018, 07:57 PM

I (attempted) to make Chicken Cordon Bleu but I have always been frustrated with flattening it. In the past, would butterfly the breasts and then flatten more. If I didn't cut well or even if it did, it often would not come out very good.

This time, I decided to try to flatten then cut. But, I think I got over-zealous (as you can see in the first picture) and it was a bit destroyed. I decided I needed a different approach.

I cut the chicken into small bits and, the next day, I made a casserole (of sorts). I dredged the chicken in seasoned flour and pan-fried/sauteed the pieces. I then layered it on the bottom of a pan and layed ham and swiss on top with dijon mustard. For the next layer, I did the same but made sure the cheese was on top so it could melt. I sprinked some panko and baked at 375° for 15 minutes.

I wouldn't say it is my preffered way to make this, but I thought it was a good save!

We served it with some frozen grilled cauliflower. It was slightly better than had we done cauliflower ourselves but not amazing.

Banana Bread

Sunday, September 30, 2018, 08:31 PM

Meredith made Banana Bread with the only change was doing it at 365° (since our oven is a bit cool)

Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin

Sunday, September 30, 2018, 07:56 PM

I made honey-mustard pork tenerloin from Two Peas and Their Pod (LOCAL). I followed the marinade closely except I used garlic powder instead of regular garlic.

I marinated it overnight and set it up cooking early on Sunday at 137.5°F. I think this may have been a case of too long in the sous vide. I seared it on the cast iron and, while it was good, it was almost too tender a mushy. I need to be better about not going as long next time.

I also made their sauce which wasn't bad!

We served it with some Trader Joes Frozen Grilled Veggies (meh, probably would have been better if baked, not microwaved) and, for dinner portions, leftover salad. It made quite a bit since it was a large tenderloin.

<<<<     page 3     >>>>