Justin & Meredith Winokur's Kitchen Cooking Notebook
Our Recipe Book ·
Steven's Recipe Book ·
Ann's Recipe Book ·
All Tags ·
Home > posts > 2014 > 01 > Socca with Various Home-Made toppings
Socca with Various Home-Made toppings Thursday, January 16, 2014, 08:42 AM
This was Meredith's idea and mostly her execution but I'll do my best to explain. We had socca (french chick-pea flour crepes) with all kinds of toppings inspired by a restaurant near us. I have my picture assembled. Here is everything we had. Note that everything was made by scratch:
- Socca: See recipe below when I add it. Basically 1 cup chickpea flour, 1 cup water and some olive oil. We mixed it, let it sit, and then made crepes of sorts on the non-stick pan. They were pretty cool and served the purpose nicely
- Sweet Potato and White Bean Fritters: Meredith mashed 1 sweet potato, 1/2 can of white beans, seasonings (not sure) and flour until the consistency was right. We then baked it around 350-400 for 20 minutes. Then we flipped them and turned it off while we prepped the rest. We turned it back on with about 5-10 minutes to go. These were really good!
- Pickled red onion (pickled by Meredith)
- Lightly pickled cucumber (also pickled by Meredith)
- home-made harissa: Meredith will have to elaborate but she made this with peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. It needed some salt and more garlic (and to be better blended). She wants to iterate on this a little.
- Home-made low-fat (fat free???) tzatziki
- a fried egg (I had one, Meredith did not. I liked it in there)
So, it was a pretty easy and very pretty meal. We would certainly make it again!
Original Wordpress ID and Date: 7149, 2014-01-16_084242